Saturday, February 10, 2018

How to identify the HBA cards/ports and WWN in Linux

How to identify the HBA cards/ports and WWN in Linux:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are several commands to determine the WWN of a Fibre Channel (FC) HBA and their status (online/offline). The post discusses few of the most commonly used methods.
Method 1
To find the HBA cards installed on your system use :
# lspci -nn | grep -i hba
07:00.0 Fibre Channel [0c04]: QLogic Corp. ISP2532-based 8Gb Fibre Channel to PCI Express HBA [1077:2532] (rev 02)
07:00.1 Fibre Channel [0c04]: QLogic Corp. ISP2532-based 8Gb Fibre Channel to PCI Express HBA [1077:2532] (rev 02)
To check the available HBA ports :
# ls -l /sys/class/fc_host
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 0 Feb  3  2015 host2
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 0 Feb  3  2015 host3
To find the state of HBA ports (online/offline) :
# more /sys/class/fc_host/host?/port_state
::::::::::::::
/sys/class/fc_host/host2/port_state
::::::::::::::
Online
::::::::::::::
/sys/class/fc_host/host3/port_state
::::::::::::::
Online
To find the WWN numbers of the above ports :
# more /sys/class/fc_host/host?/port_name
::::::::::::::
/sys/class/fc_host/host2/port_name
::::::::::::::
0x500143802426baf4
::::::::::::::
/sys/class/fc_host/host3/port_name
::::::::::::::
0x500143802426baf6
Method 2 : Using systool
Another useful command to find the information about HBAs is systool. If not already install, you may need to install the sysfsutils package.
# yum install sysfsutils
To check the available HBA ports :
# systool -c fc_host
Class = "fc_host"

  Class Device = "host2"
    Device = "host2"

  Class Device = "host3"
    Device = "host3"
To find the WWNs for the HBA ports :
# systool -c fc_host -v | grep port_name
    port_name           = "0x500143802426baf4"
    port_name           = "0x500143802426baf6"
To check the HBA ports in details:

Check if the host has HBA card installed and which type of card installed, 

# lspci | grep -i fibre
15:00.0 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp. ISP2532-based 8Gb Fibre Channel to PCI Express HBA (rev 02)
15:00.1 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp. ISP2532-based 8Gb Fibre Channel to PCI Express HBA (rev 02)

physical slot, driver, module information

# lspci -v -s 15:00.0
15:00.0 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp. ISP2532-based 8Gb Fibre Channel to PCI Express HBA (rev 02)
    Subsystem: QLogic Corp. Device 015d
    Physical Slot: 2
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 24
    I/O ports at 2200 [size=256]
    Memory at 97b00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Expansion ROM at 90000000 [disabled] [size=256K]
    Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [4c] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [88] MSI: Enable- Count=1/32 Maskable- 64bit+
    Capabilities: [98] Vital Product Data
    Capabilities: [a0] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=2 Masked-
    Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
    Capabilities: [138] Power Budgeting <?>
    Kernel driver in use: qla2xxx
    Kernel modules: qla2xxx

Here is another example Emulex Card

# lspci -v -s 10:00.0
10:00.0 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel Host Adapter (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Emulex Corporation Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel Host Adapter
    Physical Slot: 2
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 26
    Memory at c7eff000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Memory at c7efec00 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
    I/O ports at 6000 [size=256]
    [virtual] Expansion ROM at c0000000 [disabled] [size=256K]
    Capabilities: [58] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [60] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/16 Maskable- 64bit+
    Capabilities: [44] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
    Capabilities: [12c] Power Budgeting <?>
    Kernel driver in use: lpfc
    Kernel modules: lpfc

Check if the driver/module loaded in kernel.

# lsmod | grep qla2xxx
qla2xxx               425817  288
scsi_transport_fc      55299  1 qla2xxx

To check the state of the HBA ports (online/offline) :

# systool -c fc_host -v | grep port_state
    port_state          = "Online"
    port_state          = "Online"

1 comment:

  1. I have been in relationship with my boyfriend for 2 year now and we were planning to get married soon and all of a sudden he left me for another girl, i really love this guy and never can imagine my life without him. I further tried all my best to get him back but all my effort to get him back in my life did not work out. It was on this faithful day, i came across some comments on a website about this great spell caster called Dr Ogudugu, so many persons claimed that he help them to renew their relationship and bring their ex back, i had to contact him because he was my last hope. I contacted him through his email and he assured me that in two days time my boyfriend is going to leave the other girl and come back to me and it was a very great surprise to see my boyfriend coming back to me after two days. I am so very happy today that he came back to me and i achieved this with the help of Dr Ogudugu, and i advice if you need his help too, you can email him on his direct email address greatogudugu@gmail.com or for easy communication contact him on whatsApp him +2348139793075






    I have been in relationship with my boyfriend for 2 year now and we were planning to get married soon and all of a sudden he left me for another girl, i really love this guy and never can imagine my life without him. I further tried all my best to get him back but all my effort to get him back in my life did not work out. It was on this faithful day, i came across some comments on a website about this great spell caster called Dr Ogudugu, so many persons claimed that he help them to renew their relationship and bring their ex back, i had to contact him because he was my last hope. I contacted him through his email and he assured me that in two days time my boyfriend is going to leave the other girl and come back to me and it was a very great surprise to see my boyfriend coming back to me after two days. I am so very happy today that he came back to me and i achieved this with the help of Dr Ogudugu, and i advice if you need his help too, you can email him on his direct email address greatogudugu@gmail.com or for easy communication contact him on whatsApp him +2348139793075

    ReplyDelete